Started Sep 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
Doug Brown
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,867
Like?
Re: OM D Audio/Video Out of Sync
In reply to Ron Outdoors, Mar 26, 2013

Ron Outdoors wrote:

alzo wrote:

any further info on this? i just discovered this myself.

i also had these odd transitions as people moved, as if a feathered blend from one scene to another...i'm thinking it is the full HD setting in insufficient light.

(havent any video experience)

Yes, shortly after posting, I sent the camera to Olympus to check it out. I got a call from an engineer there who wanted to know more specifics said everything seemed okay to them.

After the camera was returned, I decided to experiment by switching from MOV to M-JPEG. The audio/video syncing was fine then. So, that's how I record now. Very large files, but at least I don't have to spend a lot of time syncing the sound. Still not sure why I have the problem with MOV, but most people are fine. I'm using a 4 year old MacPro, with imovie. Maybe it's a bit old for heavy video processing.

-- hide signature --

www.ronhartman.net

I've had exactly the same problem with MOV files across several computers using different operating systems (XP, Vista, WIN7) and with three diffrerent editing programs.

I no longer shoot MOV. Ever.
Ridiculour format in my experience.

Douglas Brown

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow