canon 8120(8220), epson 835, or epson px720wd?

Started Mar 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
chrisvg
New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
canon 8120(8220), epson 835, or epson px720wd?
Mar 26, 2013

I really want a pro printer, but I still need the functions of scanning, copying, and document printing.  So, my main concern is which is going to give the best photos.  Another consideration would be the canon 6220, but I think I seen that the scan quality was not as good as the 8220.  Does anyone know if this is true?  Because I really don't need the slide scanner although it could be nice since I do have some.

I read the differences between the inks in the epson and canon where the epson uses the light cyan and magenta, but someone posted that it no longer needed, so I don't know if I should go with the canon b/c it has the grey ink.  Will it really print B&W decent?  One thing I have not seen is which is more expensive per page?

Any thoughts on which I should go with?  Again photo quality and long lasting being most important, but scanning being a close second.  Then the need for copying and document printing being not as often.

Or is there something different I should get?  My budget is $400.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow