papillon_65
Forum ProPosts: 18,454Gear list
Like?
Re: Food for thought - FF vs M4/3's cost
In reply to rrr_hhh, Mar 26, 2013

rrr_hhh wrote:

papillon_65 wrote:

rrr_hhh wrote:

Here the 6D cost more or less exactly the same as the 5D2; it had a better IQ, GPS an WIFI and is even lighter; I don't see why someone would still want to buy a 5D2.

I'm toying with the idea to sell the 1against plus the 4D against the 6D since I have read the DXO marks results for that sensor.. And since I know tThat it would be lighter than the 5D and ha both wifi and GPS.

I guess that if I was still living in the city where my favorite camera shop is located, I'd already have made this exchange. But I have to plan a day trip to go there now.

The main question is whether I'd use that FF enough to warrant the exchange. On the other side, the 5D body is olding and will soon become as obsolete as my D60 if I don't make the update now.

I guess you have to ask yourself how much you'd miss the extras that a FF camera can give you? I'm glad to hear the 24-105mm is decent, I have seen enough good results from it to believe it will be good enough for me.

Sorry for all the garbage I wrote above.. My iPad is missing letters as I type and then the spellchecker is playing havoc .. I meant to say that I was toying with the idea to exchange the 16-35mm F2.8 (which I had fr the D60, but never used much on FF) plus the olding 5D1 against the new 6D. May be that I could also replace the 16-32mm with he 17-40mm F4, but I'm not even sure that I need wider than 24mm.

The main reason to keep a FF up to date is the use of TSE lenses.

Just curious : why would you buy a 5D2 rathe than a 6D ? Granted, the 5D2 sensor is still very good and get you results near of the 6D at lower ISOs, But the 6D get you more features and slightly better performances for the same price. Or is the 5D2 much cheaper in the UK ?

5DII is tried and tested, the deal I've got on it was £130 cheaper than a 6D, it has a higher max shutter speed and the performance is more than good enough for my purposes. The main reason for FF is for better dof control, not necessarily better high ISO etc, that's just gravy for me. I may change my mind yet but that's how it stands at the moment.

Here going from what I can see by online dealers the price difference is really negligible when you buy it new.

5d2 price comparison and 6d

-- hide signature --

rrr_hhh

-- hide signature --

For the person who is good with a hammer, everything in life tends to look like a nail.....
Tony
http://the-random-photographer.blogspot.com/

papillon_65's gear list:papillon_65's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Fujifilm XF1 Sigma DP3 Merrill Fujifilm X-T1 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow