Nex6 vs Nex7N? Should I wait?

Started Mar 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
Simurgh
Junior MemberPosts: 25
Like?
Re: Nex6 vs Nex7N? Should I wait?
In reply to imsilly, Mar 26, 2013

I am sure standard DSLRs will always have some advantages over Nex systems, but as I do travel a lot it just doesn't work for me.

Nex cameras seems like the next best thing out there.

imsilly wrote:

My experiences with the Nex 6 and Nex 7 (not the 7n) leads me to think that they still aren't a substitute for a DSLR. I tried using my Nex cameras as if they were miniature DSLRs, but with EVFs instead of a traditional OVF. The results were mixed because no matter what the manufacture says the auto-focus systems still feels slow and unreliable. Plus if you are used to a OVF an EVF isn't much better then just a LCD. Plus the autofocus lens selection is very limited. The only decent, affordable lens around are the Sigma primes.

IQ is still great and so is the focus peaking, so I always felt the system worked better with old manual lenses and I wouldn't use one any other way. I think the full frame Nex will be great to use with all those old full frame lenses.

In the end I dropped all my MILCs and just bought a Nikon D700. I can put up with the extra bulk and lower resolution sensor. I think the Nex system is great, I just don't think it's a DSLR substitute and I probably wouldn't travel with one or take pictures of kids because when I did family stuff and street shooting people tended to be blurs unless I used manual focus.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow