Serious doubts on the D7100 at high ISO

Started Mar 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
Hulamike
Senior MemberPosts: 2,810
Like?
But It Could
In reply to Midwest, Mar 26, 2013

Some of you are obviously too young to have used film. Just a few years ago actually, a good photographer had to know photography well enough to trust his judgement, skill and equipment ; there was no chimping with film. And there wasnt much editing unless you did the darkroom processing and most didn't. This was especially true with transparencies.

And so in answer to the OP, yes you should be able to adjust your D7100's settings to get better results out of camera that need little or no tweaking. It took me several months of trial and error with a D7000 before I got it to a point I could actually expect useable jpeg straight from the camera.

Try taking a little saturation off, add a little contrast, set sharpening to +5 for starters. Use the single point metering with a small group selection. That was 9 points on D7000, not sure about D7100.

While I enjoy editing as much as anyone, I also love being able to shoot useable commercial work that doesn't require post processing. Many sports events I cover don't allow for shooting raw or post processing. You hand off the card or upload from the event. Done!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
lessNew
noneNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow