Started Mar 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
papillon_65
Forum ProPosts: 17,324Gear list
Like?
Re: Food for thought - FF vs M4/3's cost
In reply to DarkShift, Mar 26, 2013

DarkShift wrote:

Tempted huh?

Actually many photographers that already have FF cameras have bought OMD as secondary kit for personal or even professional use. The size vs. performance ratio of OMD with fe. Zuiko 45/1.8 is excellent.

5D2 wins in resolution and better high ISO noise, but loses to OMD in low ISO shadow noise and dynamic range (2/3 EV with low ISO in DxOmark screen mode). Also OM-D's sensor has better IQ than Canon's APS sensors according to DxOMark.

I'm having a hard time believing that the 5dII has worse shadow noise performance at low ISO's than the OMD, but I'll find out (I'm aware of some banding). The dynamic range is slightly better at base ISO but not once you start climbing and there are other IQ parameters where the Canon wins. Ultimately it's a bigger sensor, and whilst not state of the art, I'd expect it to be better, and overall it is.

-- hide signature --

For the person who is good with a hammer, everything in life tends to look like a nail.....
Tony
http://the-random-photographer.blogspot.com/

papillon_65's gear list:papillon_65's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Fujifilm XF1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow