On board flash importance

Started Mar 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
JTuuti Forum Member • Posts: 62
Re: No

Ubilam wrote:

Matt wrote:

If I want to take photos (snaps) that are fine with an on board flash then I wouldnt be carrying a pro camera around.

Then what is wrong with you? If you are serious about taking pics, why would you not take your better gear out and about? I do. I don't use a P&S or smart phone. My 7D image quality tells me the hassle is worth it... even with snaps. You are lazy.

Ubi.

I am confused.  You obviously use on-board flash... In OP:

Ubilam wrote:

I like the available on-board flash on my 7D and it comes in handy.

then you go on to argue that the reason photographers with pro-grade bodies need to carry extra units is because they do not have the built-in ones.

You seem to be very Pro-onbord-flash, yet you call ppl lazy [for not carrying the extra gear with them?] I don't get it...

By the way, why don't you test to see what kind of image quality you get with your 7D's built-in flash vs. a properly set-up speedlight.  I think you just may find that the difference is about as significant as it is.. well.. between a P&S or a smart phone and your 7D.

Although I do agree the built-in unit may come in handy for fill flash, but even the lowliest, 100% pocketable 270EX is sooo much better there is really no reason to use the built-in one.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
BAK
(unknown member)
BAK
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow