Started Mar 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
JTuuti
Forum MemberPosts: 62
Like?
Re: No
In reply to Ubilam, Mar 26, 2013

Ubilam wrote:

Matt wrote:

If I want to take photos (snaps) that are fine with an on board flash then I wouldnt be carrying a pro camera around.

Then what is wrong with you? If you are serious about taking pics, why would you not take your better gear out and about? I do. I don't use a P&S or smart phone. My 7D image quality tells me the hassle is worth it... even with snaps. You are lazy.

Ubi.

I am confused.  You obviously use on-board flash... In OP:

Ubilam wrote:

I like the available on-board flash on my 7D and it comes in handy.

then you go on to argue that the reason photographers with pro-grade bodies need to carry extra units is because they do not have the built-in ones.

You seem to be very Pro-onbord-flash, yet you call ppl lazy [for not carrying the extra gear with them?] I don't get it...

By the way, why don't you test to see what kind of image quality you get with your 7D's built-in flash vs. a properly set-up speedlight.  I think you just may find that the difference is about as significant as it is.. well.. between a P&S or a smart phone and your 7D.

Although I do agree the built-in unit may come in handy for fill flash, but even the lowliest, 100% pocketable 270EX is sooo much better there is really no reason to use the built-in one.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NoNew
NopeNew
noNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow