Started Mar 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
GaryM
Contributing MemberPosts: 930
Like?
Finally got a new Photoshop Computer
Mar 26, 2013

After almost a year of deliberating, finally got a new PC to replace ~4 year old HP.  About 2 weeks ago, Dell Outlet had 20% off of Precision workstations.  Was able to get T3600 for roughly $1,146 (plus sales tax). Has Quad-core Xeon E5-1620 (3.6GHz), 16GB of ECC RDIMM 1600MHz, 635W 90% efficient Power Supply, nVidia Quadro 2000, with the weak spot being storage...Two 250GB drives connected to a PERC H310 controller. I finally decided to yank the Raid card out and install Intel 520 SSD (180GB) as the boot/application drive. I have a 2TB internal drive inside the case and a 1.5TB drive in an external enclosure connected via eSATA.

This box does have 2 USB 3.0 ports so I'll start to look at USB 3.0 enclosures. The only real issue I've had so far is that the displayport on my Dell U2711 monitor doesn't appear to work (have been using DVI connector for last year while waiting on a DisplayPort system. Dell is going to send me a new U2711.  My goal is to do 30-bit color using Photoshop CS6. When I got the U2711 monitor (about 2 years ago) I felt it was "pretty good". I may end up having this U2711 monitor as my 2nd monitor and getting a newer/better monitor for primary. Looking for suggestions in this area.

thanks,

GaryM

Canon EOS 1100D (EOS Rebel T3 / EOS Kiss X50) Olympus E-5 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow