Shots of Downtown Brooklyn, NY

Started Mar 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
ripleysbaby
Contributing MemberPosts: 661Gear list
Like?
Re: Shots of Downtown Brooklyn, NY
In reply to iamthenewguy, Mar 26, 2013

No he's right. I suck at this. I'm just going to return the camera and just use my old TX7 for pictures.

A camera is merely a tool, so if you are more comfortable with the TX7 and you are happy with its output then that may be the best route for you. With that said, the only way you are going to get better (if that's what your goal is) is by taking pictures and by showing them to people and taking all the comments and criticism you can get. This was tough for me at first because after hearing what people had to say it felt like I was a failure. Then I got to thinking, and although it's very obvious, I thought that most people aren't born pros and if I really want to learn I need to listen to the criticisms from people much better than myself. I still have a lot to learn but I'm also still having fun with photography. Sometimes the harsh words of others have helped me rethink what it is that I really want capture when I open that shutter.

Best of luck to you!

Plus one on that. But give a bit of post processing a go you may come out of it with a half decent shot. Shoot raw and use the software that came with your camera. It has basic adjustments but IMO its great, and easy.
Turn your favourite one of that set into b&w and bump up the contrast a bit. See what happens

ripleysbaby's gear list:ripleysbaby's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow