Food for thought - FF vs M4/3's cost

Started Mar 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
JamieTux
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,811Gear list
Like?
Re: Food for thought - FF vs M4/3's cost
In reply to papillon_65, Mar 26, 2013

papillon

Thanks James, 9-18mm quality is no bad thing, I used to have the 4/3's version so I hear you on that one. I know the lenses I mentioned are not in the top class but they represent good value from what I have seen, and I have looked at many images from all of them. The OMD does indeed have better dynamic range but the 5D2 also has a number of advantages as well. I never pay much heed to autofocus complaints, it's the most common complaint of all and I've never had a camera that I couldn't work with on that score, but you never know

-- hide signature --

For the person who is good with a hammer, everything in life tends to look like a nail.....
Tony
http://the-random-photographer.blogspot.com/

That sounds like you're looking at the positives and negatives of both so the only thing that I would add is don't make a decision in reaction to the negativity you got in this thread!

My favourite camera so far was the Leica M9 which combines everything (small size, large sensor, great lenses) and if it had better electronics I would still be on that forum now! I just find buying the correct level lenses for 2 different systems very expensive so I have the money put aside for the better tracking af Olympus body as this generation of sensor is good enough for me.

JamieTux's gear list:JamieTux's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow