Veteran MemberPosts: 3,927
Like?
Re: Full Frame - Mike Svitek
In reply to Anastigmat, Mar 26, 2013

Anastigmat wrote:

johnny_rico wrote:

Can this guy be believed?

https://twitter.com/svitekphotos

I'm about to buy a FF cam and will hold off for a limited period of time if it's true!

Johnny

That is a tough one. Pentax will probably not have a full frame for another 3 years, if ever. However, if I were to tell you that, and Pentax surprises everyone with a full frame, then I will happily eat crow. I would also hate to deprive Pentax a customer for a full frame camera by telling them to just go buy a Nikon, Canon or even Sony full frame. The best compromise is to wait as long as you want to wait and then go get one if you no longer want to wait.

They have said they are working on it, so 3 years is probably pessimistic. I won't be surprised if we see a 645D II   a "K40"  and a "K02" first.  But I also won't be surprised if the K5IIs is as high as they go with APS-C. [My best guess is the last generation of APS-C will be 24MP, so one more is where I'd bet, but no more is possible. After if you want to sell to serious amateurs - and pentax does - you need to be in the FF game]

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow