Looking for recommendations for a dual monitor setup

Started Mar 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
NewsyL
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,454
Like?
Re: Looking for recommendations for a dual monitor setup
In reply to Steviepix, Mar 26, 2013

Steviepix wrote:

I have been using a 19 inch CRT monitor for my main photo work with a small 15inch CRT to put the palettes on and as secondary monitor generally (viewing TV , movies, extending desktop a little when needed etc etc). The 15 inch has now given up and the 19 inch is not far behind it so I am in the market for 2 new monitors.
Desk space is a bit limited so I am looking at a 23/24 inch for the main monitor and 19/20 inch for the second monitor.
90% of my output is for web\online work and my prints get sent out which uses jpg anyway so I guess I am not in the market for a wide gamut monitor, or am I missing out? Ideally I would spend no more than about £300/$400 for the main monitor but I would spend up to £450 if it gave me something special. I would spend up to about £150/$200 for the secondary monitor.
No idea on what secondary monitor would be best so I am very open to suggestions on this.
On the main monitor I have been thinking about the Dell U2412M (would I gain much by moving to the U2413?) or the Asus PA248Q. Other monitors I have been considering include the AOC i2353Fh and the Viewsonic VP2365 which seem to have reasonable reviews and come at a bargain price. Any thoughts on these and are there any others that I should also be considering in my price range?
Thanks for any thoughts.

Steve, do you already own a calibrator?

I  like the new U2413 but it may blow your budget especially if you need to get a new calibrator because you have an older unit that is not able to handle wide gamut.

You can always put a very inexpensive 22 inch 1920x1080 6bit+AFRC IPS monitor next to the U2413 to keep the budget down.  I've seen several here as low as $140 CAD for a very basic unit.

As to 8bit sRGB gamut monitors.... there's got to be a Hazro or EIZO in you area that is good.  The Dell U2412M (I have one) is not too bad but there's better out there.

-- hide signature --

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow