Serious doubts on the D7100 at high ISO

Started Mar 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
mosswings
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,085Gear list
Like?
Re: You let Nikon process
In reply to mistermejia, Mar 26, 2013

mistermejia wrote:

Perhaps that is why some other folks here HAVE mentioned "if" Nikon would have left this camera at 16 or 18MP. Is it not true that Nikon has sacrificed higher ISO quality for sharpness at the lower ISO with this camera? I could be totally wrong, your insight is always helpful and i am just trying to learn more here.

My wild-arsed suspicion is that Sony's next-gen EXMOR wasn't ready in time for Nikon's push to 24MP for the D5200/D7100 release and so Nikon went with another supplier that was almost as good but still better than Sony's NEX-7 generation sensor.  Another more sinister speculation is that they're saving that sensor for the D400, but that Sony stipulated that they had to release it in a Sony camera first.  Watch what happens after the NEX-7N is announced.  It was supposed to be any day now, but appears to be delayed a touch.

mosswings's gear list:mosswings's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Nikon D90 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
lessNew
noneNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow