Started Mar 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
mistermejia
Senior MemberPosts: 2,913Gear list
Like?
Re: You let Nikon process
In reply to Mako2011, Mar 26, 2013

Mako2011 wrote:

jonrobertp wrote:

"I've decided not to buy this camera." I understand, ditto here.

That has been your mantra for a very long time

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

Sorry, left work earlier

Actually this is not true.  The camera just came out, pictures barely started to pop up, more and more opinions have emerged, and dpreview just posted their views on this.  Yes, i have been "waiting" for a long time like everyone else, but until today i have started to make up my mind about not buying this particular camera.

Again, the AF itself seems fantastic, but i am not a bird shooter, and only from what i am seeing and reading (not based on "my" opinion) i get the feeling that this camera has been designed for something like that, and not so much for the higher ISO performance.  I am not saying the performance is bad, is just that the K5IIs seems to be performing better overall and maintaining that cleaner higher ISO quality.

Perhaps that is why some other folks here HAVE mentioned "if" Nikon would have left this camera at 16 or 18MP.  Is it not true that Nikon has sacrificed higher ISO quality for sharpness at the lower ISO with this camera?  I could be totally wrong, your insight is always helpful and i am just trying to learn more here.

mistermejia's gear list:mistermejia's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Rokinon 85mm F1.4 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
lessNew
noneNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow