Dorus
Senior MemberPosts: 1,065
Like?
Re: EPL-5 with a single lens or FujiX100s
In reply to texinwien, Mar 25, 2013

texinwien wrote:

Dorus wrote:

Hi All,

I am looking to upgrade from my E-520 for something smaller and with better overall IQ. The 'take anywhere' concept appeals to me. Right now my budget is somewhat constrained so I am not contemplating the EM-5 (lovely machine as that may be). The images from the Fuji X100s look nice, and the form factor is great, but of course one gives up the flexibility of being able to change lenses. So an alternative would be the EPL-5 with just a single (prime?) lens for now: excellent overall image quality, smallish form factor, with the future possibility to buy more lenses.

So, does this concept make sense to you, and if so, which lens would you pick?

Thanks,

Dorus

Makes sense. What do you usually photograph? Knowing what you like to shoot will help others make useful prime recommendations. Also, is low-light capability important to you? Portability?

Also, what's your budget for a lens?

Thanks for the response and questions. I don't have a fixed budget for the lens - as for type of photography, it will be mostly travel and social settings. I used to also take sports pictures but with the kids out of the house that really does not come up very often any more.

Dorus

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow