Philnw2
Senior MemberPosts: 1,242Gear list
Like?
Re: Well....
In reply to Phil Hill, Mar 25, 2013

Phil Hill wrote:

Petruska wrote:

plus the R3000 has smaller nozzles.

Is this confirmed by Epson? I know that the smallest of the three droplet sizes is smaller than the smallest on the R2880, but I've not seen anything indicating that Epson made the nozzles smaller. If they did, it doesn't seem to have led to clogging on my R3000.

Like you, i would not assume that the R3000 has smaller nozzles than the R2880 unless someone finds it in Epson print somewhere.  Droplet size may be affected by the charges they send to the piezo chip, but i don't know enough about it.

The proof is in the use regards clogging.  I've had my 3000 since Nov 2012, and have not had any cloggiing problems, except once.  I specified the wrong paper sheet size and a resulting 3 paper jam resulted in headstrikes and apparently made an ink mess on the bottom of the print head.  After i did the bounty towel/windex cleaning of the print head, no clogging has been experienced even though i often don't print for a week.  Good printer overall i think.

-- hide signature --

Phil B
Nex 5n, Pentax K5, Epson R3000

Philnw2's gear list:Philnw2's gear list
Pentax K-5 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Pentax K-3
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow