Serious doubts on the D7100 at high ISO

Started Mar 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
edo21
New MemberPosts: 12Gear list
Like?
Re: Another picture for your comments
In reply to edo21, Mar 25, 2013

It'seems that we can't live without post processing.

Before shooting i normally think, evaluate the light, the scene, i'm not a casual shooter.
Shooting in raw allows me to store all the best of a photo in a file.
So if a print is needed i can use the best of it

The first sample i posted in this thread was just for testing the basic features of the camera, nothing else.

If someone would like to see what does it means for me photography without post processing consider that at the moment i mantain almost 100 sites that i've built, and the images are a relevant part of them. You can see some example here www.ortodilucania.it or www.basilicatanet.com or www.lalocandadipietra.com

I don't need to compare the images of my D90 with those of the new camera.
I know very well the limits of the first. I just expected 2 stop of better high iso performance after 5 years of innovation. Don't ask for a 3200 or 6400 clean results, just 1600.

Dpreview has now posted the samples of the D7100 that confirms exactly all the serious doubts i've on the high iso performance of this camera.

I've read some very interesting post in this thread and would like you to consider this picture
that's a crop of a photo of my son at 1250 iso with the nikon 300/4 AF-S, very far from the perfect samples of this forum and much more similar tho worst samples of DPreview gallery.

Thank you.

edo21's gear list:edo21's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
lessNew
noneNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow