D800 and E-M5, can you tell the difference?

Started Mar 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
acahaya
Senior MemberPosts: 1,008
Like?
Re: D800 and E-M5, can you tell the difference?
In reply to texinwien, Mar 25, 2013

texinwien wrote:

Interesting. I made my choice before the full-size copies were available. The first image seemed sharper to me, and I also found it the more pleasing of the two.

Thinking the more pleasing of the two would probably be the D800 (I know, that's assuming a lot), I figured #1 was the D800.

LOL, at least you made a guess. A friend in another forum told me that he needs to see the EXIFs to be able to make a guess

Nice to see it's the other way around. Also, I wonder whether the 'digital' look you see in the E-M5 files is something that can be fixed during processing - maybe with a different tone curve, or else lower saturation?

I don't mind the digital look and i usually further enhance it in pp. But there are ways to achieve a film look in pp, simply decrease sharpness, contrast and dynamic a little bit (in LR) and add a slight glow to the highlights (in PS). Or use a Fuji Astia profile from the DxO film pack.

-- hide signature --

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
No.New
ehhhNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow