Why use Pentax?

Started Mar 18, 2013 | Questions thread
smafdy
Regular MemberPosts: 438Gear list
Like?
Re: Why use Pentax?
In reply to Jake64, Mar 25, 2013

Over the past few years, Pentax has produced some awesome digital photographic tools. Historically, I prefer Nikon over Canon (of the two big players), by a long shot, but once I saw the tech specs of Pentax's sensors, I decided they were worth a look. I purchased a k-01 when the unheard of low prices reached $300, followed quickly by a k-5 (less than $750, at this point), and a k-30, to back it up. The plethora of lenses doesn't hurt, either.

All of that said, the IQ, customization options, and build quality of these tools is equal to that offered by any other manufacturer. Never forget: the camera is a tool, the photog, the artist.

I make a substantial portion of my income from photography, and frankly, I don't really care what brand(s) others use (in addition to Nikons, both film and digital, and an awesome Mamiya MF film system, as well as a large assortment of studio equipment, I also own a compete Oly system, as they are also trend setters in the technology department). I can't remember the last time I was idle enough while shooting to pay attention to someone else's gear. Clients have NEVER questioned what equipment I shoot their projects with.

Pentax RAW files continue to impress me — especially in low light. While the system isn't everything I would want, if I could get it, neither are offerings by other manufacturers.

Pentax isn't only a worthwhile option for those serious about their art — their products are a bargain when compared to the equivalent offerings from other manufacturers.

That's why I (increasingly) use Pentax.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
BobNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow