Like?
Re: Sorry These Photos
In reply to Windancer, Mar 25, 2013

Windancer wrote:

Shotcents wrote:

-- hide signature --

Graham Fine Art Photography
http://www.pbase.com/windancer
Remember, it's not the CPU that's in your camera that makes great images, it's the one located about 4" behind the viewfinder that does.
Disclaimer: This e-mail is intended to impart a sense of humor. Given e-mail's inability to carry inflections, tone and facial expressions it may fail miserably in its intent. The sender acknowledges the limitations of the technology and assigns to the software in which this message was composed any ill feelings that may arise.

Yep...showing relative sharpness, and bokeh. Beyond field flattening at 300mm the Tamron's bokeh is pretty good wide open. Of course the 70-200 VRII can hold remarkable sharpness at 2.8, which is what I signed on for (among other things.

My Nikon 70-300vr had bokeh that was in the same ballpark, but sharpness was not quite as good at the long end.

Some have said the Tamron 70-300 VC only exhibits the high degree of sharpness at closer range, but if you look at my sailboat shots and heavy crops, there's plenty of detail there. My 300mm F4 will only best it when you pixel peep and the corners will be better (of course).

Cheers,

Robert

Shotcents's gear list:Shotcents's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon D800 Nikon D5200 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
VCNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow