Looking for Panasonic P&S w/Remote Shutter

Started Mar 25, 2013 | Questions thread
morepix
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,065Gear list
Like?
A few compact choices
In reply to dlev72, Mar 25, 2013

Amazon advertises a Fotodiox 1P shutter release for $7.95 that's compatible with these cameras: DMC-G1, G2, G3, G10, GX1, GH1, GH2, GF1, DMC-L1, L10, DMC-FC100, FZ150, Fully Compatible with Panasonic DMW-RSL1, DMW-RS1.

The Panasonic site lists the following cameras as being compatible with their own release, which is priced at $72 (!): G5KBODY, G5KK, FZ200K, GH3KBODY, GH2HK, FZ150K, G2A, GH2KK, GX1KS, GF1C-K, GF1K-K, GX1XS, GX1KK, GH2S-BODY-ONLY, GH2K-BODY-ONLY, GH2KS, GX1KBODY, GX1SBODY, GX1XK, G3KT, FZ100K, GH1K, G1K, G10K, G1A, G1R, G2K, G2R, TS2A, TS2D, TS2S, TS2Y.

In short, Panasonic lists, in addition to their MFT cameras, the FZ150 and 200, plus four "tough" cameras, the TS models at the end of the list. Seems a curious choice of cameras.

Anyway, the price seems slightly in favor of the Fotodiox release. And I'm pretty sure that if it works with any single Panasonic camera, it will work with them all. AFAIK, it's only a question of the connectors on the plug that goes into the camera. I have a Vello wired remote release that I've used with my GH2, FZ150, and FZ200. Unless there's something really wonky about the "tough" cameras, it should work with them too.

-- hide signature --

David
www.pbase.com/morepix

morepix's gear list:morepix's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Olympus Stylus 1 Olympus OM-D E-M10
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow