Started Mar 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bendp
New MemberPosts: 10
Like?
Settings for 5d3 - Birds in Flight - Back autofocus and AI Servo Image Priority
Mar 25, 2013

I am new to BIF photography and I am struggling to get correct set up on my 5d3.  I have read several articles about using back autofocus and it makes sense to me even though I have difficulty keeping birds in frame while holding AF button down and firing shutter (two more things than I am usually able to handle).  I have also read some articles about setting the "AI Servo 1st (and 2nd) image priority to make sure images are in focus before firing.

This weekend I tried some shots using both these settings and I never, ever noticed a delay in shutter release.  I thought I would get some delay to ensure birds were in focus.  When I reviewed the shots.  Many were soft focus or out of focus despite the settings.

Are these two settings illogical?  Perhaps the "AI Servo image priorities" are only meant to be used with regular shutter button focus at half press?

Any advice is appreciated. 
--
Ben

Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow