Serious doubts on the D7100 at high ISO

Started Mar 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
Danel
Senior MemberPosts: 2,904Gear list
Like?
Nice first post
In reply to edo21, Mar 25, 2013

You have what appears to be a slightly foggy, underexposed image, in poor lighting.  You then shoot the image at ISO 1600, refuse to post process it, and then blow up the 24mp underexposed image to a 100% crop and complain that it looks noisy in comparison to a D90 that you didn't take the same shot with at the same time.  Not much more to say about that.

Next time, bring along your D90 and shoot the same images with it, at the same time that you are shooting with your new camera.  Make sure to use the same settings and lenses on each camera.  Then compare them at the same sizes and see what you get.  If the D90 blows away the D7100 in some substantial way, or even matches it, then you will have something that will generate a lot of forum interest and conversation.

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me a bit to find out that the D90 held its own very well against the D7100.  I shot with a D90 for a couple of years and it served me very well.  It was and is a very fine camera.  It has half the resolution of the D7100, but at normal print sizes it would likely be hard to tell the two apart.  I wouldn't mind seeing a well done real world comparison though, I'll tell you that.

Danel's gear list:Danel's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD800 IS Canon PowerShot G15 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
lessNew
noneNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow