Finally...Tamron beats Nikon

Started Mar 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shotcents
Senior MemberPosts: 3,768Gear list
Like?
Re: what do theses photos prove?
In reply to Windancer, Mar 25, 2013

Windancer wrote:

Just to settle my own curiosity and I mean no disrespect to either of you, I am curious what do theses photos prove?

Terry

Hi, Terry...

Which photos? (Be sure to view the original file links)

The 1st set shows very good sharpness wide open. The latter pics show a sharpness and bokeh comparison with the superior 70-200 VRII. The last set shows that DXO Labs resolution testing is either wrong or does not translate into real world shooting.

Of course I could have just come out and SAID so, but I do think a sample is best. If you'd like more you can google up a real-world comparison from a few folks who had the Tammy up against the 70-300vr head-to-head. At 300mm the Tamron won. On the other hand you can find people/tests showing the opposite.

I've already put the Tamron up against the 300mm F4, but I want to do a better set of tests with nicer subjects. The results are surprisingly close so far (though the F4 IS superior).

Robert

Shotcents's gear list:Shotcents's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon D800 Nikon D5200 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
VCNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow