When will new PS CS "7" and Lightroom "5" be released??

Started Mar 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
VirtualMirage
Senior MemberPosts: 2,815Gear list
Like?
Re: When will new PS CS "7" and Lightroom "5" be released??
In reply to robert1955, Mar 25, 2013

robert1955 wrote:

Quite so, the new release schedule was in the link archer66 provided.

Added to the more restrictive upgrade policy, is the 'gentle' pressure to move the software to the cloud. The carrot there is that Adobe suggests that dot releases for cloud subscribers may be more than just maintenance releases. As it was, the 5.5 release for the suite [not for Photoshop] already had new stuff.

So to summarize, my thought process wasn't too far off from their "roadmap", as seen in the article.  The only difference is I was laying out a theoretical release schedule based on whole number releases versus the inclusion of ".5" minor refreshes, which I mentioned in another comment those are more in play to push towards cloud subscriptions.

For Lightroom things may be more in the traditional way, but as Adobe has so far said they want to keep its Develope module and ACR more or less identical, LR may also be on a 2 year cycle now.

Well, Lightroom's traditional release schedule was never far off from a 2 year interval to begin with (save for the first update between 1.0 and 2.0).  You're talking a difference of ~2-3 months at most.  Now whether they continue this trend or not is still up in the air it seems.  Of course, if they follow the new trend it may not be that far of a deviation from when Lightroom was release anyways.

But even so, it seems to go without saying that with any major version release of Photoshop CS, a new Lightroom release is just around the bend whether it comes out a few month before or few months after (but never more than 2 years between releases).

I'm more of a Lightroom user than Photoshop CS user, so I am more interested in its release schedule than CS.  But both kind of go together hand in hand, so you have to pay attention to one to get an idea of the other.

And while it is always nice to see a shiny new toy every 18 months, my pocketbook doesn't share the same enthusiasm.  So if they push it back closer to a 2 year schedule but continue to provide support and enhancements to the existing between releases, then I have no complaints.

-- hide signature --

Paul

VirtualMirage's gear list:VirtualMirage's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony a77 II Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Samyang 8mm F3.5 Aspherical IF MC Fisheye +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow