Started Mar 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
Thorgrem
Regular MemberPosts: 417Gear list
Like?
Re: Food for thought - FF vs M4/3's cost
In reply to Vlad S, Mar 25, 2013

Vlad S wrote:

papillon_65 wrote:

Anybody else getting tempted? (I'm not really interested if you think it's big and heavy and you've "been there done that",I get the point, I'm more interested if you are tempted over to the dark side by these kind of prices and value.)

I think it's quite unfair if you handicap one side by taking away all of its advantages, or at least it's raison d'être. If a user were not interested in the size and weight savings, then there's no reason to switch from APS-C either, and that format can be had even cheaper.

If you just want to point out that FF can be had for a lot less than in the past, and can be a great value then yes, of course. There has not been a better time to buy FF. And it will probably only get even better in the future.

Vlad

indeed. I bought into m4/3 because I wanted something different. Don't know why, but I did not like the idea of lugging big and heavy things with me all day. If Olympus made a FF camera for a nice price in a compact body with compact lenses than maybe. I like Olympus as a brand, don't know why but I was always attracted to Olympus. Don't think I will buy another brand unless Olympus stops.

FF has some advantages but for a hobby, no way.

Thorgrem's gear list:Thorgrem's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P3 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow