D7100 Owners: Test the left AF accuracy before you keep it!

Started Mar 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
photomunkey
New MemberPosts: 13
Like?
Re: D7100 Owners: Test the left AF accuracy before you keep it!
In reply to Kelly M Jones, Mar 25, 2013

A flat test chart, like Lens Align will best determine the degree of back-focusing. All I'm showing is that there IS back-focusing on the two bodies I've bought and paid for and tried. I'm out the money until April 3rd.

I shoot cars; at 200mm the outer points miss the point of aim consistently.  I shoot details of cars, at f2.8 quite often. Sure, I can focus and compose with just the center AF point, but at that point I'm working around a hardware issue. I would prefer that Nikon acknowledge and correct said issue promptly, but at this point I have little confidence in that happening in a timely manner, based upon their prior lackluster response to D7000, D800, and D600 issues.

This leaves me either driving to Phoenix to have CRIS Camera test the body in person, if they are even allowed to touch it by Nikon, or waiting until April 3rd, shipping back another body to B&H, crossing my fingers, and restarting the test process all over again. those are my only options at this point. None of them really make me any money right now.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
RHL:New
wideNew
ParNew
trueNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow