Refillable cartridges for the Epson 4900

Started Mar 21, 2013 | Questions thread
Philnw2
Senior MemberPosts: 1,243Gear list
Like?
Re: Refillable cartridges for the Epson 4900
In reply to Serhat Abaci, Mar 25, 2013

Sorry to hear about your problems with the R4900.

I bought my R3000 in Nov of 2012, its my first 13" or larger printer.  Its small 26ml cartridges (in comparison to larger machines :-)) seemed to drain pretty quickly with the number of prints i was doing, so i converted each original cartridge to Cone refillable ones as they ran out of ink.  I'm now about halfway through my replacement Cone ink supply of 110mil bottles.  I paid $600 for my printer in November, and that cost will be completely paid back by savings from Cone Inks over using OEM by about June 2013.  At that time, i can throw away my perfectly working R3000 and buy a new one - who needs insurance policies.  JUST KIDDING.

I've had no plugging problems except once where i apparently caused the problem.  I had the wrong paper thickness setting, resulting in 3 papers being pulled into the printer, headstrikes and apparently some pooled ink on the bottom of the print head.  Had some plugging from that and again every day that i printed.   Finally learned how to clean the print head face by using bounty towels and windex and am now back to one week usage with no plugging problems.

I understand that the 4900 is a more ticklish printer than my situation and don't know how to advise you - just saying 3rd party inks aren't all bad.

-- hide signature --

Phil B
Nex 5n, Pentax K5, Epson R3000

Philnw2's gear list:Philnw2's gear list
Pentax K-5 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Pentax K-3
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow