Started Mar 24, 2013 | Questions thread
Zee Char
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,638Gear list
Like?
Re: 7D Question
In reply to Keith Z Leonard, Mar 25, 2013

Keith Z Leonard wrote:

Luther T wrote:

There are a lot of complaints and threads about the age of the 7d and Canon delaying the new and improved 7D, what ever they may call it.

Now to my question, Are the majority of 7D users actually butting up against the limits of the camera to a point where they need a better body? If so, I'm envious because I don't see myself ever reaching that point. So far, all the limiting factors have been me, not the 7D or the lenses.

I love the 7D and while there exists newer cameras from Nikon etc... that look GREAT, not isn't an indictment on the 7D. Fast, good IQ, great FPS, solid AF, what's not to like?? The only limitations are in depth of field control, printing GIANT, and ISO. Yes, I hit against the ISO limitation, though I've gotten useful shots from 6400 it's pretty bad in comparison to the 5d3 or 6d. I've had no issue with 1600 on the 7D and 3200 is quite useful, so that's pretty impressive anyway. Usually if you need to shoot super high ISO you should probably be adding light anyway.

-- hide signature --

Luke

Me too. For important events 1600 is my comfort zone but I will shoot at 3200 if I must.I was very comfortable 3200 with my 5D2 and had no issue at 6400. Still need to experiment @ 12,800 with my 5D3.

Zee Char's gear list:Zee Char's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow