Started Mar 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jim Cockfield
Forum ProPosts: 14,898
Like?
Re: OK but it appears that it is telling you about junk
In reply to skyglider, Mar 25, 2013

skyglider wrote:

digitalshooter wrote:

Regarding trusting JimC's word, I think that it self evident that I already do. If not, I would not have installed Comodo in the first place. Also, please note that this response to you is not in retaliation but just to explain what happened.

Again guys, I've never seen that behavior.

I'm wondering if we installed the same download. See my latest post about that here:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/51155641

If so, and you didn't start the GeekBuddy or AntiError programs manually (and I've never tried to click on those program options to run them), then perhaps the new install was honoring my previous preferences or something (even though I uninstalled previous Comodo versions), since I was using Comodo Firewall for a long time before installing the latest Comodo Internet Security (downloading and installing the free version, not a trial for the paid Internet Security 2013), as I linked to in the above post).

In any event, again, I have *never* seen that behavior from Comodo (I've never seen the AntiError component or GeekBuddy component running, and I've never seen any popups from them). But, I've never tried to click on those components or run them before either. I just use the main Comodo Control panel (using the defaults right this minute, after a fresh reinstall a couple of days ago).

But, based on your reports, I think I'll suggest removing GeekBuddy components going forward, even though I've never see the behavior you're reporting, as I do consider those types of programs (registry cleaners, etc, which sounds like what AntiError is doing) to be "snake oil", and  I certainly wouldn't use them for anything.

I am curious if we used the same download though (see the post I just linked to for the one I installed), and if you guys may have started the GeekBuddy or AntiError Programs manually to see what they do; as again, I've never seen them running on my system (as even though I see they're installed, I've never started those programs).

-- hide signature --

JimC
------

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NopeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow