Victory against a photo thief, video and a blog on how to catch and stop photo thief's

Started Mar 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
halfamo
Contributing MemberPosts: 624
Like?
Re: Victory against a photo thief, video and a blog on how to catch and stop photo thief's
In reply to Vegasluvr, Mar 25, 2013

Vegasluvr wrote:

Several freelance photographers I know have stolen images like yours. They use it thinking the real owner of the images cannot possibly find them. One tried to defame the thief. The owner lived in England. This thief took the owner of the image to court in the US and after 6 months won a settlement from the real owner. He proved that the defamation of his character as well as there was no registered copyright on the image © Joe Smith 2013 caused him to lose a huge client. Not sure why the jury sided with this thief (US law) but I do know this guy used the money to buy a nice brand new expensive sports car!

This is an extraordinary story. I am surprised it hasn't had wider publicity as it has huge warnings for all creatives.

Can't find any references to it here in England.

Do you have any specifics, please ?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow