Started Mar 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
viorel
Contributing MemberPosts: 931
Like?
Re: G5 instead of OM-D 5
In reply to Calais225, Mar 25, 2013

Calais225 wrote:

Viorel,

Thanks for the link to your comments. I am now very much looking forward to the arrival of my G5. As did others, I bought the two lens kit for only $543--very pleased since I missed that deal previously.

Your report is much appreciated, a good example of real world use and observations. I am sure I will continue to use my E-510 and E-1 since I have an investment in Oly glass that may not work as well on the G5 due to lack of image stabilization. However, steady hands and a good tripod may change that.

Bill

Thanks Bill. I hope you'll enjoy the new camera. I too have an E1 that I very much like (unfortunately sold my 510 some time ago, I still miss it) and a stable of ZD glass, and I can say that wide zooms (like 11-22) works very well on G5. They balance very nicely, doesn't need IS too much (they are wide) and the AF well...like on other m4/3 bodies works ok for stationary objects.

I'll have the G5 as a go-to everywhere camera (so easy to use), meanwhile eyeing Oly next offering for an E1 replacement sometime.

all the best

Viorel

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow