Started Mar 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
Doug Brown
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,902
Like?
Re: Emmylou Harris @ Massey Hall .....
In reply to Stan dela Cruz, Mar 25, 2013

Stan dela Cruz wrote:

very nicely done!

i would like to ask why the use of the E5 this time as opposed to your OMD?

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

Simple.

The 150mm f2, which becomes a 400mm equiv. 2.8 lens with the 1.4 teleconverter. There's nothing close to this in Micro-land yet and i knew at this venue we would be shooting fiorm the sound borad at the back of the room.
I have the adapter to use the150mm on the OMD in manual focus, but didn't think she'd have an elaborate (read 'bright') light show.
So I anticipated having to use the lens wide open and despite what they say on the other forum I have never found manual focusing with an EVF to be pin-point accurate ... at least, on a moving subject which pretty much rules out use of the manual magnifying focus aid in the EVF.

Also, my 150mm is missing the tripod mounting ring which would make it super awkward to mount on a monopod with the smaller E-M5 body.
At least with the E5, when mounting it all @ss-backwards with the monopod screwed into the camera body there is lots to hold onto while supporting the lens with the left hand.

Cheers,

Douglas Brown

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow