Serious doubts on the D7100 at high ISO

Started Mar 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
sssesq
Senior MemberPosts: 1,042Gear list
Like?
Re: Serious doubts on the D7100 at high ISO
In reply to edo21, Mar 25, 2013

edo21 wrote:

I don't like the post processing of any photo, i consider the post processing something different from photography.
D7100 seems to be slightly better than the D90 at base iso (100/200) but not as expected.
I've read a lot of post in this forum with real world samples of the D7100 at 3200 iso that seem perfect or very very good and this was main reason for my D7100 purchase (one of the first in Italy). Honestly my results do not show all that perfection.
Maybe there's something I'm missing but, at the moment i can't say to be really satisfied.

Waiting for your comments and suggestions. Thank you

You are completely within your rights in choosing not to do PP on digital shots, that is a right that you enjoy and no one else will deny you that right.  Just be aware that digital is not film and to get the most from your pics you MUST do at least some basic sharpening.  The fact of the matter is that digital will not equal film unless you sharpen somewhat.  Google - "why do I have to sharpen my digital pictures"

Again, Your choice, but if I were viewing your pics, I would not choose them.

I hope you are not trolling...

sssesq's gear list:sssesq's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/2.8G ED VR II +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
lessNew
noneNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow