Who's waiting for the Panasonic 43mm 1.2 O.I.S?

Started Mar 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
al_in_philly
Regular MemberPosts: 472Gear list
Like?
Re: Who's waiting for the Panasonic 43mm 1.2 O.I.S?
In reply to jorden mosley, Mar 25, 2013

jorden mosley wrote:

The announcement of this months back certainly changed my plans on what to save up for. I could see Panasonic users like myself interested, but I'm skeptical that Olympus users would be interested as well (considering the 45mm 1.8 is great and their bodies have IS built in). . . So who's eagerly awaiting this lens (whenever it comes out) and who has no interest at all and why?

I have an OM-D and I put off buying the OLY 45/1.8 mainly because of the upcoming Panasonic lens.  I do a lot of flashless dim indoor and nightime street shooting.  Right now I'm shooting with the Panasonic/Leica 25/1.4 as my main lens, which does a nice job already for me.  Dropping 1/2 stop from what I'd be using with the P/L means even less noise correction, a bit creamier backgrounds, and the longer focal length will give me the ability to shoot from a little further from my (often candid) subjects, without much noticable distance compression.  Additionally, jumping up to the OLY 45/1.8 would mean loosing 2/3 of an f-stop, adding more noise or motion blur--no thanks, if I can avoid it.

Day by day I save for this lens--honest.

al_in_philly's gear list:al_in_philly's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Leica Nocticron 42.5mm +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow