When will new PS CS "7" and Lightroom "5" be released??

Started Mar 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
VirtualMirage
Senior MemberPosts: 2,492Gear list
Like?
Re: When will new PS CS "7" and Lightroom "5" be released??
In reply to Archer66, Mar 25, 2013

Archer66 wrote:

VirtualMirage wrote:

So putting that all together, expect that if one releases the other will come out within 2-3 months. But neither would go much past 24 months since the prior version has been released.

Adobe has confirmed that Creative suite will have annual release cycle so 6.5 might come mid 2013.

http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-creative-suite-release-schedule-cs6.html

As I mentioned to someone else, I don't count incrementals.  6.5 is mainly an incremental update that caters more towards their cloud subscribers.  If I counted incrementals, then CS5.5 would have been included as well (which mainly introduced the subscription method to Adobe users).  Existing CS5 users received the same updates that 5.5 offered in a form of a patch.

Think of 6.5 as a mild refresh between full makeovers.  If they go that route on a yearly basis, then full version changes may be pushing closer to the 24 month mark.

-- hide signature --

Paul

VirtualMirage's gear list:VirtualMirage's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A77 Sony a77 II Sony 50mm F1.4 Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow