Red alert... red alert!

Started Mar 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
Kim Letkeman
Forum ProPosts: 32,356Gear list
Like?
Re: a few from the Fuji cams ...
In reply to jcmarfilph, Mar 25, 2013

jcmarfilph wrote:

You generalized settings based on your preferred type of shooting i.e wide angle shot of a thread and crayons.

Always playing the fool ... I generalized the settings based on tens of thousands of images shot in all conditions. The L versus M debate has been documented over and over and over ... M always wins when you include any real world conditions like hair, fur, feathers, distant foliage, etc,

Nope. See my HS50 settings, I am using M size DR400 for casual type of shooting that doesn't require cropping and resolution for large printing. But for birds and macro, LSize is the way to go.

And you are wrong there. L is never the way to go. When you upsize (with some skill) to L size from M size, the actual visible detail is better and there is far less edge degradation.

You immune response to such basic information is truly dazzling.

Which one? 100% crop of a DSLR? Why don't you show 100% crops of upsized MSize to 16MP images of your X-S1 and HS25.

This is how I present all my L versus M debates and M always wins ...

Your image is the one I am seeing right now. I have a magic mirror in front of me.

I'll leave all the obvious jokes unspoken.

Kim Letkeman's gear list:Kim Letkeman's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 990 Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow