D7100 Owners: Test the left AF accuracy before you keep it!

Started Mar 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
photomunkey
New MemberPosts: 13
Like?
Re: You used auto
In reply to Mako2011, Mar 25, 2013

Mako2011 wrote:

I assume you mean with all your lens. That indeed is not how it should be and needs corrected by Nikon.

Yes, same issue with five separate lenses, on two D7100 bodies. The second D7100 has an off-center AF array, just slightly to the right, which makes calibration of the AFT trickier, but not impossible.

Yes, I have seen focus inconsistencies with the 35mm f1.8G on my D300, but mainly in low light/low contrast conditions. In normal conditions it appears to work well 95% of the time. My old Nikon 50mm f1.8D is probably the dumbest lens I own, and it does it. My "smart" much newer Sigma EX OS HSM lenses do it, and they're very sharp so the plane of focus is quite clear.

I'm just trying to illustrate the problem for the naysayers and doubters who feel a test pattern rules all. If a camera can't focus at the chosen AF point, with the exception of super-wide lenses (which I don't have) in normal field use, then it is worthless as a camera.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
RHL:New
wideNew
ParNew
trueNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow