Started Mar 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
meland
Senior MemberPosts: 3,461
Like?
Re: More experience required
In reply to Schwany, Mar 25, 2013

Schwany wrote:

Sovern wrote:

Why is that I hear so much on this forum and other forums that more expensive lenses especially primes AF faster than cheaper lenses and the kit lens a long with other cheap but more than capable lenses are such a bad lens for AF speed?

Is this "This lens has faster AF" a myth sort of like how people claim that their $2,000 prime is "sharper" than a $350 primes or zoom (myth in my opinion)?

Whats your take on it?

You need to try a larger sampling of lenses, and get in some experience photographing fast moving subjects. I agree that bodies do make a difference in focus speed, but there are certainly faster focusing lenses than others. Canon even makes a point of it in their product literature for the big Whites.

Personally I'm not convinced.

I believe from my own personal experience that the body determines AF speed as my 40D AF's faster than my xsi but all of my lenses AF just as fast/precisely no manner the lighting conditions from my own experience using them myself.

My personal experience differs from yours. I've used and own many lenses. They are not all the same in sharpness nor focus speed. All of them would work equally well for cats though.

How about ducks?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
nopeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow