ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
katterina
Regular MemberPosts: 247
Like?
Help with hotshoe flash for Nikon
Mar 25, 2013

Hi all

I am very new to using flashguns for my photography. I am helping out a friend at a wedding in April and was contemplating renting a flash for the day but have now decided to buy one. I'm  getting really confused however, about what would be best - the sb700 or the sb910.

I primarily shoot landscapes, wildlife and I like to do macro work, though mostly outdoors as I haven't a studio set up. I don't know how many weddings I'll be helping at but I wouldn't mind venturing into portraiture eventually. I'm not sure if the sb910 would be the better buy or to buy the sb700 which in some aspects still outperforms the older sb900 and sb800.

After looking through google it seems that most people say get the sb700 for price and performance against the sb910 which will only be of most use to professionals?? I'm not sure I agree with this though! The sb910 is about £100 more than the sb700. For macro work, I'm guessing that two flashes would be much more useful than just the one expensive flash. This will be something in the future though as I do not have enough to buy 2 flashes outright.

I have a d300s, (d50) and will probably be using a nikon 105mm and 70-300 sigma for the wedding.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - my head is spinning!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D300S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow