Started Mar 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
alan brown
Regular MemberPosts: 246Gear list
Like?
X-E1 vs nex 7 questions
Mar 25, 2013

I'm am thinking very seriously about purchasing a XE1, probably with the 18-55 lens. I also have a nex 7 with 18-55 lens (not terribly happy with it), 19 sigma, and 30 sigma. In addition an omd em5 with many panny and oly lenses. The omd will stay because of its versatility. The nex 7 would be sold if I buy the xe1.

Could someone comment on the contrast of the evf? On the nex 7 I find the shadows are difficult to see with the evf even with it set to portrait and -3 on the contrast. For some reason I don't have that problem with the omd. Also, I have to have my eye centered perfectly for the evf to be sharp (don't use glasses).

From film days I also have a CV 15 4.5, an ultron 28 1.9, and a ultron 35 1.7. As most of you know, the 15 introduces a magenta cast and some smearing in the corners on the nex 7. Fixable with cornerfix. How does the 15 perform with the xe1? Any magenta or smearing? I'm not getting the magenta problem on the 28 and 35 however. So, a general question about these 3 lenses on the xe1, especially in regard to corner and edge sharpness.

And lastly, how effective is the optical stabilization when using the 18-55. As I get older, I find it much harder to hold any camera steady. BTW, the in-camera stabilization in the omd is great.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

-- hide signature --

alan brown

Fujifilm X-E1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow