Finally...Tamron beats Nikon

Started Mar 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
Brev00
Senior MemberPosts: 5,610Gear list
Like?
Re: Finally...Tamron beats Nikon
In reply to Shotcents, Mar 25, 2013

I own the Tamron, as you know, and am more than pleased with it.  I often keep it on my camera for drive arounds.  But, I do think that the competitive nature of your threads invites negative participation.  There is a difference between enjoying a lens and getting every ounce of image quality out of it and stating that it has won some undeclared contest.  Photography is, in the end, an artistic pursuit in which we all gain from each other's experiences.  The Impressionists were a gang of very different folk who fed off each other to create some of the greatest art work in history.  So, I see no reason to be so competitive and dislike it when it comes from Nikon shooters, too.  There is no 'best', only what works best for you.  Being open to the opinions of others makes one less rigid, more capable of growth in a way that helps us all win.

Two Cents McGee

-- hide signature --

www.flickr.com/photos/brev00

Brev00's gear list:Brev00's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Tokina AT-X Pro 12-24mm f/4 DX II Tamron AF 28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Macro Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
VCNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow