tom1234567
Regular MemberPosts: 493Gear list
Like?
Re: a few from the Fuji cams ...
In reply to Kim Letkeman, Mar 25, 2013

Kim Letkeman wrote:

Me Tarzan wrote:

Kim Letkeman wrote:

As for birding ... no, I don't go in for that.

Are you sure? These are fantastic for a non birder and I'd say the best bird images I've seen posted here. Definintely proven worthy of numerous publications. If you have more I would enjoy viewing them.

Very kind ... thanks so much.

I realized a moment ago that it really was not fair to have not included at least one image from one of the Fuji super zooms ...

HS25 ... possibly the same Nuthatch as shown in the newspaper image ...

A sleeping goose, still the HS25 ...

And just for fun ... another example of why we do not shoot L instead of M size ...

The Fuji XS-1 is rather impressive too ... larger sensor, excellent reach ... the only issue is the RAW support in Adobe Lightroom and ACR (and frankly any other converter.) But the JPEG engine leaves nothing on the table ...

Not a bird, but a small critter just the same ...

A heavy crop ...

At the Winnipeg zoo ... the shot that destroyed my D7000 and 70-300VR as I turned my back on the tripod ...

Not exactly a small bird

Another non-bird ... the reach helps when the animal is far away in a cage ...

It might be a bit weak at 3200ISO ... but the XS-1 can still bring home some nice snapshots ...

ISO 1600 too

Back to 3200 ... it's very dark indoors ...

Another not so small beast ... but far away ...

ISO 400 ... probably an L size shot ...

So ... perhaps that will help assuage the "don't show me all those dSLR shots" crowd ...

-- hide signature --

Wow some great Photos here, keep them coming, do you have any taken with the HS50

if please also post the settings you used Thanks

Tom G

-- hide signature --

I'm a 30yr old trapped in a 62yr old body

tom1234567's gear list:tom1234567's gear list
Pentax K-3
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow