Nex6 vs Nex7N? Should I wait?

Started Mar 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
Simurgh
Junior MemberPosts: 25
Like?
Re: Nex6 vs Nex7N? Should I wait?
In reply to quezra, Mar 25, 2013

quezra wrote:

My brother also uses an EOS 550D that he recently installed Magic Lantern on. It actually made him want a NEX, after I lent him my FL55/1.2 and then later got him a FDn 50/1.4. He was amazed how cheap legacy lenses are, the potential utility of them combined with focus peaking (Magic Lantern's focus peaking is not as good as NEX, and then the adapters either can't focus to infinity or require some glass in between which are very hit and miss - in this case the cheap Chinese ebay adapters are poor).

My advice to him was keep the 550D for now, wait for the 7N to come out, then buy the NEX-6 which will surely dive in price once a new 7 is out (he is thinking of getting a used 5N to better play with his legacy lenses, which I told him was also a good idea given how cheap the bodies are selling used)

Edit: my opinion is the Sony sensor easily beats Canon's, but obviously the AF is not so good. But MF is not as scary as it sounds, and newer NEXes are going to only improve in AF. So the question is whether you see a future in Canon's camera strategy. My brother has some very good lenses in an EF 70-200/4, 16-50/2.8 and Sigma 30/1.4 that will make it a bit harder to switch easily but he is already considering it seriously

Well I always used canon's (P/S) cameras and I was looking forward to canon M, before I even consider NEX series.

Unfortunately I was disappointment. That left me with other options and Sony came on top. Now I have absolutely no issue with making Sony my favorite.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow