Started Mar 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
ryder78
Contributing MemberPosts: 546
Like?
Re: toto435
In reply to Grobb, Mar 25, 2013

tron555 wrote:

OK, so if you want to get half way decent images from the X20, you need to:

1. Be and expert professional photographer in order to use it and get the best IQ out of it.
  2. Make precise changes to NR, color saturation, contrast and sharpening with in camera settings.
  3. Shoot in RAW format to get the best detail out of it and then convert to JPG to view pictures on the web or print them.
  4. Pay for, install and learn how to use expensive post processing software to get the best IQ you can possibly squeeze out of it.
  5. Use a tripod to get, non blurry images in low light and even then get noise in them.
  6. Put up with a short focal length (28-112mm) and a not very high quality/sharp lens.

I guess if you are willing to do all of the above to get mediocre images and pay $600 for the X20, you should definitely do that. To me, there are many other better alternatives that cost less and are a LOT easier to get better IQ photos. PS, the camera is not that small or light either.

I'm not trolling here. Personally the Nokia Pureview 808 is capable of better results than this.

I feel there is something wrong with this picture as shown below. I usually don't blame the weather (cloudy conditions) as in my mind any capable camera will be able to take good pictures irrespective of weather conditions. Perhaps it's the settings of the camera, or the camera is shaken up a bit when the image as taken. Either way, the IQ looks pretty poor there.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow