P330 looks SHARP! (side-by-side samples vs P7700)

Started Mar 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tjdean01
Senior MemberPosts: 2,063Gear list
Like?
P330 looks SHARP! (side-by-side samples vs P7700)
Mar 25, 2013

I used some ePhotoZone samples as showed to us by another poster to do some comparisons versus what I feel are a couple of the very best enthusiast compacts reviewed by that site, the P7700 and Olympus XZ-2 (G15, LX7, RX100 could've been chosen.  s100 wasn't chosen because, well, it's not as good!).  The P330 held its own!  First go to the P330 review and feel free to compare it with any of the top ten compacts.  Don't worry, if you're lazy, I did a few for you!

First up is some trees on the P330 vs XZ-2.  Look on the right where the trees are dead in both pictures.  I'm liking the P330 a bit now!  Next up is a building shot on different days under different light: P330 , P7700 , XZ-2.  XZ-2, which looks amazing on DPReview's comparison, disappoints here. Finally, a DPReview type comparison.  Again, this was shot at various apertures and white balances: P330 , P7700 , XZ-2.

I don't think any discussion would be complete without mentioning the CoolPix A, of which we have just a few samples.  Assuming the "A" is just as sharp and that its APS sensor is 3 stops better than the compacts above, each compact mentioned above still has a lens 1.3x faster, working IS which should give 2-3 stops, ZOOM, and in the case of the P330 at least, is ONE THIRD the price, has a WIDER LENS, is SMALLER, and comes in a very nice white color.  What's not to like?

Nikon Coolpix P330 Nikon Coolpix P7700 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow