Anybody else unhappy with Red River's R3000 profiles?

Started Mar 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
Hugowolf
Forum ProPosts: 11,475
Like?
Re: My settings, plus an interesting discovery
In reply to Vernon D Rainwater, Mar 25, 2013

Vernon D Rainwater wrote:

Hugowolf wrote:

Vernon D Rainwater wrote:

I don't have the 3000 printer so I am comparing some of your listed settings to my Epson 3880. On your 5th image (from top) you have "Finest Detail" set to OFF. I prefer to have this setting set to ON for my 3880. I have no idea if this will make any difference with your 3000.

The Epson r3000 manual states “Finest Detail: For printing text, graphics, and line art with very sharp edges. Slows print speed and increases you system memory requirements.”

The 3880 manual (and the manuals for Epson's 17 inch and larger format printers) go further in stating “This setting does not affect photographs and is not recommended for large files”.

Brian A

Brian, tanks for the comments. I am aware of the information you point out, however; My preference is to use the BEST possible settings for overall best printed results and that is why I prefer the settings I use.

In the few thousand images I have printed, I have only noticed one where the Finest Detail setting made the image worse than having it unchecked, but it is very, very rare that I have it checked. It was an image with a saw toothed blade in the background that came out straight edged in the print. So 'best', is not always best.

Brian A

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow