Started Mar 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Barry Stewart
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,043Gear list
Like?
Tried a Rokinon-Samyang-Bower Fish-eye on an OM-D today
Mar 25, 2013

First off, I must say that I'm lucky to have a store in a small city (population 60,000) with a good stock of Oly and Panasonic micro 4/3 cameras and lenses. London Drugs, for those who live in western Canada.

I was surprised to see the OM-D in the display case (but no E-PL5) and I asked to check it out with the fish-eye. The lens was listed at $375, Cdn, I believe.

I was pleasantly surprised to see the aperture ring on the lens. I hadn't used one since the early 1990s, on my Pentax SP-1000. Old times!

The lens felt well-made and the aperture ring was nice and smooth. It was great to instantly see the effect on exposure in the LCD as I twisted the aperture ring. I wish more lenses had this feature — especially with cameras such as the E-PL5 that don't have the second dial.

I think this will be on my to-buy list... though I still have 3 regular 4/3 Olys, so would likely get the 4/3 version and use an adaptor. Any issues with that?

-- hide signature --

Barry

Barry Stewart's gear list:Barry Stewart's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 +7 more
Olympus PEN E-PL5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow