ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ijm5012
Regular MemberPosts: 450Gear list
Like?
Need help selecting a lens: SEL-1855 or SEL-35F18
Mar 25, 2013

Hey guys and gals,

So I've been doing a lot of research online, and have decided that I want to upgrade from a point and shoot to something that will take better photos. After going back and forth, I've decided to go with a NEX-6.
However, I am not sure what lens to get, either the SEL-1855 or a SEL-35F18. The 1855 is obviously far cheaper than the 35F18 (by about $300). I do not want a SELP1650 due to the documented issues with distortion and softness when shooting at both extremes of the lens.

Regarding what the camera and lens would be used for, it would be used for general photography. I would be shooting both indoors and outdoors, bright sunlight as well as evening.

Could some people with more experience help guide me in the right direction so that I make the right purchase the first time?
Thank you!

ijm5012's gear list:ijm5012's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / Power O.I.S +1 more
Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow