Started Mar 24, 2013 | Questions thread
Leonard Migliore
Forum ProPosts: 10,265Gear list
Like?
Re: Dpi confusion
In reply to AnthonyL, Mar 25, 2013

AnthonyL wrote:

gertemple wrote:

Hello, I am in the process of creating a book that about street artists. Because of the ephemeral nature of the work, we are relying on the artists to send pictures of their art. (the backstory)

I was told by our editor that for printing purposes the photos need to be 300dpi. But many of the photographs the artists are sending are at 72 dpi. I am trying to figure out if they can be used in our book because they appear not to have a high enough resolution. I have done a little research but an still slightly confused.

No they are not sending in at 72dpi. The software for some (long lost historical?) reasons writes that into the EXIF. They are sending in an image of a certain size.

I bet it's 72 dpi because that's the resolution of a Mac Plus screen and an Imagewriter.

-- hide signature --

Leonard Migliore

Leonard Migliore's gear list:Leonard Migliore's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Nikon D300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow